Not really sure what to talk about today, it seems I am having more days like this, so does that mean I have nothing to say, that I am getting old and my creativity is leaving me or that the Holy Spirit is telling me to shut up? All are possibilities, but I’m not sure what one is the truth. They all have somewhat of a solid ground to stand on, but each also has a flaw in it.
Let’s look at each one:
· I have nothing to say
· Well anyone who knows me knows that can be it, even when I know nothing about a topic; I have something to say about it.
· I am getting old and my creativity is leaving me
· This one could be happening, but I don’t think so, many famous people where old when they discovered there talents, and many are now achieving new success, somewhat of a second life. Take Paul McCartney, he just released his 3rd techno CD and is receiving rave reviews for it, he also has written and performed 4 classical CD’s, each to high review, and he is in his 50’s. Jesus himself didn’t come in to his own until he was in his 30’s, and in his day and age, he was old. And besides I am only 43, not that old, and anyone who knows me will tell you I act like a child…
· The Holy Spirit is telling me to shut up
· This one seems to be logical, until you really look at it. Can the Holy Spirit be negative? Can He truly tell me not to exercise my free will? Hmmmm, I have difficulty with that one, I just have a hard time seeing God saying to someone “Umm, you know, you really need to shut up now”. Just seems a tad ungodly to me.
So what can it be? Why am I having a hard time getting in to the grove? Could it be me? Could it be that I am not in to it, that I am the problem? No that can’t be it, It must be something else.
Well with a little luck and lots of prayers, who knows I may have something interesting to say soon, but until then, sit back and enjoy my ramblings for a little longer…